Sunday 5 August 2007

Friendship??

It's a wonderful thing...Everyone needs a friend.
When you're little, your best friend is the kid who sits beside you in class and shares your lunch.
Yyour best friend is the person you chase around your back yard and climb trees with.
And then you grow up...You realize friends mean more than just playmates. You learn to recognize people who really understand you. People you can share your secrets with. People you can trust. People you can gossip with. People you love, people you care about.
So that's what I think friendship is about.

They say a guy and a girl can't just be friends. And I never believed it was true. Life is never like it is in the movies - real life is way more complex. And somewhere in the way, feelings of friendship get mingled with love. And pretty often, people don't realize they're in love until its too late. And that's the saddest part. Maybe they're actually the same thing. Friendship is love. Love is friendship.

This is a tribute to all the friends I ever had throughout my life. So I'll take a walk down memory lane...

Esha, my first best friend. Co-founder of the 'Apple club' [yeah I still remember that]...That was way back in 1998. Doesn't seem that long though. I don't know where she is now, but I haven't forgotten her.

Sourav and Shahanaz - I remember we'd wake up at 6:00am to have cylce races....the nature club, the ghost stories, the old well in our backyard...I don't know what happened to them either.

Anita - My best friend since class 3, but we got shuffled in class 6 and got seperated. Our most memorable moments include listening to Backstreet Boys during lunch break and then of course, ghost stories..

Sai, Nisha, Swati, Aishwarya - I have so much to say, I could't possibly finish if I started, so I'll leave this for another post.

Anushka - My BESTEST friend!! Fellow freak, pianist, Tobey Maguire fan...I'll get carried away if I say anymore.
Arunima/Goru - The greatest advisor one can ever have.
Zomby - Needs no introduction.

Neo - My brother, best friend and about the only person who posesses the same type and same degree of wierdness I do! My partner in wierdness. :)
Deep - The completely MAD guy who makes life bright for me.
Rohan - "Welcome to the Hotel California"!!! :P One helluva rockin dude!! And one who never gets tired of playing Hotel California with me singin.

LOVE YOU ALL!!!

There are so many more, but if I start writing I'll never finish.
So this is all I want to say...

HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY!!

No comments: