Wednesday 7 August 2013

I don't know what to say when people ask me what I want for my birthday. I never actually think about it. There's nothing at the top of my head. I don't sort of keep making a list all year or something. Even when I plan to buy things for myself I finally think 'oh, no I don't really need this'. I do shop impulsively sometimes, as a pick me up though. And I buy things when I need them. So? Clothes? I have too damn many of them but it's still always impossible to say no to new clothes. Where and when am I going to wear them? I don't foresee many occassions on which I can wear nice and new clothes. They'll just lie in my cupboard till I forget about them. Shoes? Yeah I could always do with shoes but I will again end up wearing the same old sandals every time. Unless I absolutely need them(which is hardly ever, if you're talking about occassions to wear nice things), they will lie forgotten at the back of the rack. And like I said, if I don't feel particularly great, I don't like wearing new and nice stuff. And since the frequency of feeling great has now dropped to zero pretty much, it doesn't make sense. 
I'm not much of a gadget person, I really don't care about phones and things. As long as I can call, sms and listen to music it's fine with me. Watches I like but I stick to one watch unless it's absolutely non-functional. Jewellery - I have a lot of it already and unless I'm buying something specifically to go with something, there's no point. Books - I love books but honestly, I don't have time to read them now. But maybe I'll buy a few. I always love the feeling of buying new books. Decorative stuff - simply no space. 
Damn. And then I end up asking for absolutely useless things. Imagine asking for ideas for your own birthday present. How ridiculous is that?

No comments: