Tuesday 12 May 2009

Rainyhead.

Morning rain, the wet sky glows a bright gauzy white. Trees with leaves in all different shades of green sway, birds fly around. I sit in my chair by the window listening to the rumbling thunder while muching away on mayonise-and-tomato sandwhiches. Rain makes me feel all glowy inside, not a bright glowy, a soft mellow sort of glowy. It makes me feel poetic and filled with slow, beautiful but undefined thoughts. Not thoughts, feelings rather. Curling up with a Poirot novel, licking chocolate off my fingers with intermittent flashes of lightning behind the clouds gives me a strangely peaceful and contented feeling.
I listened to some old Westlife albums lying forgotten in my computer. They're beautiful. :)

6 comments:

ARINDAM DEY said...

nice description! just a co-incidence that as i m reading it, its raining outside my window as well... keep writing!

m@dhur@ said...

:x..i had tagged u!! :(

Preeti said...

@ maddy: dara dara likhbo!

the second face said...

rly nice post...bt i still hate rains... :(

[Amod] said...

Rain leaves me with similar feelings. It's just that I haven't got to enjoy it for long, you know, the race is on and I gotta run.

Rain, music and good food..wow.. I feel glowy.

Shaili A. Shah said...

rain does that to me too... nice blog!