Thursday 27 November 2014

Snow stories

Snow.
I didn't even realize it was snowing until I went out in the morning.
And the snow fell in silent white flakes, thicker and thicker. It wasn't very cold surprisingly. 
And suddenly I was just overwhelmed by how beautiful it is. I never really thought it would be such a big deal. It's not really the first time I'm seeing snow. But I don't have memories of my first time seeing snow last time because I was 5 years old.
And my feeling like crap because of sleeping 2 hours last night and having way too much work and screwing up experiments is gone.

It's quiet and very peaceful. Everyone has left for thanksgiving vacations. The cafeteria and lounge is empty except for me. So I get a nice table by the window where I can see it snowing. It's so quiet I can almost hear myself think. And every keystroke as I type. I'm taking a break for a little while. Also because I can't keep going out in the snow for coffee which I'll need later so I'm sitting and having lunch and coffee. I brought my work here but I can probably finish it later.

I finally bought winter stuff but probably need snow boots. I also managed to make my room look livable finally. So I feel relatively like I have some sort of a home now. It's thanksgiving tomorrow and we hope to inaugurate the oven. Though I have no idea how. I'd love to bake. It's something I haven't done in a while. And it feels good to bake things for people. But I guess it's just going to be a small thanksgiving dinner. Probably just the 3 of us as usual. Maybe it's better that way. I might even cook. And hope that something edible turns out. 

Oh well, I'm going to trudge back to my lab through the snow. And enjoy the snow while I can.